Jun 25, 13
If you are not up to date with your news, you might be surprised to learn that Calgary, Canada is currently experiencing flooding problems from heavy rains. Similar to what occurred somewhat recently in the North East of the United States, also suffering from flooding issues from Hurricane Sandy.
My heart goes out to the folks effected in Calgary, but as someone who experienced the effects of Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey, their problems are just about to begin.
Jun 25, 13
As some of you may know, I am originally from Taiwan. Although I have lots of family members there that miss me dearly, long story short, SUMMER is not the time to go there. Its hot humid, super hot, and spicy food is often on the menu.
Being that I could not write a word of Chinese in my mother tough, my sophomore year at university my folks shipped me back to the mother land to force to me learn how to write. During my one year stay I did gain some mastery learning how to write Chinese characters, but my biggest education in life came from the foreign community in Taiwan.
While the world is getting a lot better, it doesn’t mean that change will happen all at once. In fact, there are so many stories of danger and despair that it can be hard to hold out for hope. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t stay informed. Out of sight and out of mind doesn’t mean anything as the world moves around you. Here are some of the most important global news stories.
The Ferguson Protests
What started as a bunch of peaceful protests regarding racial inequalities quickly turned into a series of violent altercations between the Ferguson police department and the said protestors. A few days after the peaceful vigil of Michael Brown, looters took to the streets and stole as many goods as they could carry. Not long after, riot police retaliated with tear gas and rubber bullets.
ISIS and the murder of Journalist James Foley
The news of ISIS being rejected by the Al Qaeda was bad. You see, it implied that the new terrorist faction was even worse than the former enemy of Iraq and Syria. The thing that truly cemented their reputation as an ultra-violent paramilitary organization happened just a few days ago. James Foley, a war journalist who was dispatched in the Middle East several times, was murdered by the over eager ISIS. The chilling message on their attached video was one of terror, meant to scare the world and provoke military action from the United States.
What’s next for Crimea?
The Crimean conflict is one that has been short and very bloody. From the initial attacks by Pro Russian military groups, to the tragic crash of MH17; every inch of progress has been marred by one sort of violence or another. For now, Russia is poised to keep its position in the Ukraine and is even reinforcing its presence. Compromise may be the only course of action left to the Ukrainian people.
While the world may be in more dire straits in before, it doesn’t mean its current state will be permanent. All you can do is to make sure you’re safe. Figure out your finances and if you’re facing bankruptcy or another kind of financial situation. Contact a Montgomery bankruptcy attorney who can help secure your position. By doing so, you can be sure that your family’s future is safe no matter the state of the world.
Whenever you decide to travel to certain places, you have to make sure that your accommodation details are well-managed. You will definitely not enjoy the holidays especially if you are not comfortable with the place where you are staying. You don’t feel secure leaving your things behind or you have a hard time sleeping at night. Therefore, if you want to make this trip perfect, here are some of the mistakes that you need to avoid when making reservations. By avoiding these mistakes, you will surely end up with a great place to stay.
1. Sealing the deal right away. For instance, you are planning to go to Miami. When you have seen a beautiful room at an affordable price, you might want to reserve it right away. In as much as the pictures are tempting, the truth is that there are a lot of better choices when you start doing your research. Thus, there is no need to hurry in closing the deal. Besides, you can always come back to that choice if it really is the best choice for you.
2. Grabbing cheap rooms. Yes, your effort to save money is totally understandable. However, this does not mean you will just grab any cheap accommodation that you can find. You need to know the details first. Find out if the room is big enough or it can accommodate everyone who is going on the trip. It should also have the amenities that everyone wants. There is no point in going for something cheap when you have to make lots of sacrifices eventually.
3. Looking for unfamiliar choices. Usually, if you research well, you can find hotels that are unheard of, but are extremely cheap. Yes, this might sound tempting, but you should not close the deal. Take note that they are unpopular for a reason. Rest assured, there are more popular choices out there that are still within your budget range. They should be preferred.
When you are looking for Miami beach suites, go here and find incredible choices. There might be lots of potential mistakes that you will commit in doing reservations, but with this option, you will never go wrong.
I am already 25 years old yet I have just started on my first blog. I did not start blogging early on because I was not interested in the idea of always sharing my thoughts and comments on whatever issues there are that I have to face. I liked keeping things to myself. However, I also love to write. And at times, I feel like my writings are gone to waste because nobody can read them. Maybe I was just scared that I would never be good enough to write something that is worthy of anybody’s time.
Now that I have decided to write a blog, I still have not decided on what I will focus on. I am skimming through different forums and blogs such as this here so that I could find out how blogging works and hopefully be inspired as to what I want my blog to focus on.
For my first entries, I wrote about random things that I had to encounter just recently. One of the things I wrote about is my recent roofing fiasco.
I live in Toronto and I have been in the same house ever since I was a kid. This house was what my parents left me when they decided to retire and cruise around the world.
So there I was minding my own business when I suddenly felt a drop of water fall on to my head. I looked up to see that my roof had a hole. Being the proud know-it-all that I am, I just went on and Googled “how to fix roof holes” and read the instructions. When I thought I understood it all, in went ahead and gathered what I needed in order to fix my roof hole myself. By that time I was already thinking about focusing my blog on Do-It-Yourself topics.
When I got up to my roof, things escalated quickly and when one moment I had it all under control, the next moment, I was struggling to keep my calm as I almost fell out of balance because my foot bore a whole right through the roof causing my leg to get stuck through it.
Good thing that neighbors were out walking their dogs and so help was called for pretty fast. When I got down and calmed down, the officer that responded to the house gave me the contact details for Roofing Master. Apparently, they are the best roofing Toronto has to offer. After that near death experience, I gave up the idea of a DIY blog and settled for the experts help on my roofing problem.
The crew came very quickly and they went ahead to assess the situation. After their assessment, they went right ahead and discussed the problem with me and when we got to an understanding, they went right and ahead and fixed the roof. They were done with the job before the sun set.
I was very impressed with Roofing Master. By that time, I wrote the blog because I wanted to showcase the company’s expertise in roofing and how people could easily contact them if they have roof problems of their own.
I thought I wanted a blog that showcased local talents, companies, food and whatnot. However, I’m still not that sure it’s really the kind of blog that I want. I’ll just have to keep reading on and learning from other bloggers and hopefully grown in my own blog someday soon.
People who are young at the heart, but have aged chronologically can easily add some spark in their lives by being part of the several recreational events that are held by community centers. These physical activities also help in maintaining the health of older people and gives them an opportunity to get involved in positive events. Recreational activities help in lifting up moods and also prevents depression that occurs due to lack of social and developmental interactions.
Those who think that older citizens cannot get involved in fishing activities due to lesser physical strength, should think again. Modern science has introduced fishing aids that help physically challenged or weak people to enjoy this sports activity. It is a great outdoor sport which can be enjoyed without the fear of over exerting or challenging your physical health. Old Age Solutions talks more about this sport and how it is carried out by different event organizing groups.
Group Sports Activities
If the doctor permits cycling or walking, these two sports activities can be carried out quite successfully aiding to a better health and shape of the body. When going out for such group tasks, it is important to be well equipped in order to follow the right set of instructions and be with the group on the different stages of the activity. One can easily invest in hearing aids to compensate for any hearing issues and enjoy such sports events to the fullest. For example, some really good hearing aids in Orange County based can be found at Tustin Hearing Center. These aids are comfortable and work efficiently at outdoor events where a lot of noise and hustle bustle is expected.
This particular activity requires a good camera and grip. With these two things, a group of old age citizens can spend hours of quality time being spent on outdoor locations. What's better about this activity is, if some pictures turn out really good they can become a source of income generation as well. Senior citizens can place such pictures on auction and sell them, getting an opportunity to earn a decent amount of cash too.
With several economies just beginning to recover from the most recent global financial crisis, job market conditions are not so ideal. With limited employment opportunities, some have looked to starting their own businesses as a means of earning a livelihood. However, being in business is not just about opening a shop and selling a product or service. If you are to improve your chances of success in the business world, there are a few factors to consider.
Every business expert would advise you to formulate a business plan before starting one because it will help you determine where to focus your efforts on. The plan doesn’t have to be complicated but should contain the essentials information such as what the business will be offering and who the target customers are. In terms of estimating finances, it would make good business sense to overestimate expenses and underestimate revenues. This is because a startup business can have many unexpected costs and won’t earn as much as an established one. Being on the cautious side does not imply that you are anticipating your business to be unsuccessful; rather, it suggests putting more determined effort in marketing and sales.
If you have something to sell, make sure that it is something that people would want to buy. Many novice entrepreneurs fall into the trap of building their businesses around a product or service that they think customers would want instead of one that already has an existing market. It is better to have a small share of a large market than having a large share of a non-existing one.
Keep business costs low. In order for your business to be a success, cash that is brought in must be more that cash that is paid out. An effective way of doing this is to minimize expenses as much as possible. If it is feasible, you can set up your office in your home so you won’t have to pay rent. Otherwise, you have to look for low-cost alternatives. A good place to start would be online sites that have information on where to rent office space, like this site provides. Another way to save on expenses in using slightly used furniture for your office space and buying supplies in bulk. If possible, pay for your purchases in cash because this will enable you to negotiate for better prices.
Cash is to business as blood is to a human body. Once you have started your business, you need to have the revenues flowing as soon as possible. For instance, if you are selling a service, request your customers to make deposits prior to starting work with the balance due upon completion. If your business is offering a product, you can make them more sellable by having promotional discounts for customers who make repeated purchases. Having a healthy cash flow also means that you have to step up your marketing efforts to get more customers and, consequently, more sales. Sales bring the cash into your business’ coffers. The main objective here is for your business to generate sufficient funds to pay for expenses and for you to earn a profit.
Starting a business is a daunting prospect, especially if you are just starting out. However, if you equip yourself with suitable strategies coupled with the right frame of mind, your entrepreneurial endeavor will likely be more rewarding.
By 2050, the head count of elderly persons will increase by 230 percent, from around 600 million today to approximately 2 billion people. As of today, one person in ten is 60 years old or older. By 2050, this will become one in five, and by 2150, a third of our global population is anticipated to be 60 or older.
The worst to suffer are developed and rapidly developing countries. Globalization and female emancipation have led to late marriages and single-child families, except in the Islamic world, where birth rates have stabilized at well above two children. Longevity has increased in developed and developing countries, with medical sciences delaying death. Even with a reduced rate of death, birth rates are dropping below balancing levels.
Old age still has attendant problems of healthcare. More and more money is being spent by governments on Senior Citizens. The stress on hospitals is increasing, with a marked increase in dotage related problems like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease and senile dementia. That said, it is the developing countries that will have to cope with serious resource challenges, as they grapple with development and an aging population simultaneously. The continuous increase in expenses will have to come from the public purse, from additional taxes and duties.
Opportunities For Businesses
The beauty-besotted developed world will not accept aging gracefully. Vanity will force them into processes that will seemingly delay visible aging. The beauty industry will continue to boom as their clientele will consist largely of people wishing to defy nature and try to appear young. The common cosmetic problems related with aging will remain wrinkles, age spots, sagging skin, false teeth, etc. The middle aged people of today have had a close look at old age-related problems and are prepared for that contingency. They have that nest egg cached somewhere. And there’s no stopping them from spending that money on themselves.
The surgical methods in use are platysmaplasty, i.e., necklift, wherein the suspension of neck muscles is tightened. As a result, the drooping “bands” and flabby skin seen sagging underneath the jaw line are pulled up. This also creates a neatly defined jaw and neck line, medically known as the cervicomental angle. Platysmaplasty is generally done along with a face lift. The surgeon first assesses where volume has been lost and time and gravity have led to a downward pull or sagging; He then ‘rectifies’ the aging neck by restoring volume, carefully pulling up specific areas to tighten sagging skin.
The neck lift is invariably done along with a face lift. Necklifts do not prevent aging. What it does do is make your face look good and bestow you a fit look and a youthful countenance. Facial volume, arguably the most crucial step in acquiring a genuinely revitalized appearance, is restored. The important side benefit is an increase in self-confidence. The face lift reduces your visible age by 7-10 years.
Laser beams are also used for skin tightening, with a zero downtime process that effectively improves the skin tone of the face and diminishes fine lines as well as wrinkles. More importantly, it delays invasive neck and face lifts. Radio waves are used to cause localized under skin damage, resulting in an increased production of collagen to repair the damage, tightening the skin in the process.
For those who are averse to invasive procedures, the best skin tightening creams (read this article for examples) may offer neck or face lifts without surgery. Moreover, there are numerous natural methods of improving facial appearance, mainly by stimulating collagen growth. Some of these methods are listed below:
- Consuming Vitamins A and C
- Eating antioxidant-rich food and applying antioxidant-rich skin cream
- Avoid caffeine and caffeinated products, which are dehydrating (although when applied directly to the skin, topical cellulite creams may have cellulite inhibiting benefits)
- Consuming minerals and botanical agents
- Drinking copious volumes of water
- Avoiding the sun
- Getting enough sleep and avoiding stress
- Avoiding cigarettes
- Following a strict regimen of diet and exercise
Photo facial machines transmit radio waves that penetrate and are absorbed by the inner layers of the skin, causing localized damage. This damage is sensed by the brain which forces additional collagen production, healing the damage while tightening the skin as a side effect.
The after effects of World War II saw a surge in birthrate in the late 1940s and the early 50s, the so-called “baby boomer generation.” It is this lot of people entering the 65-70 years age group. As a result, this increase in the elderly populace has necessitated increased elder care services, requiring assisted living, day care for adults, old age nursing homes, hospices, home care, etc. Most of this care comes under the paid-for market category. In 1963, there were 1,100 old age agencies in place. By 2005, this number had increased to 17,000 agencies providing healthcare to almost eight million aged people. It is expected that by 2015, the number will increase to 30,000, as fewer relatives will have the time to look after their aged relatives. The old age home industry is also poised for a boom.
In the U.S., thirty-two states finance assisted living programs via Medicaid waivers. Some ethnic races believe in looking after their own. Interestingly, the type of houses that they buy are similar to old age homes, with facilities like single-seat elevators attached to staircases, flat flooring, railings for support, electrically driven wheelchairs, etc. Assistance is also provided in the non-medical sector, with aides helping elders with daily chores, cooking meals, timely medication and friendly companionship. With age, non-medical care can be considered an interim step between independence or family care vis-a-vis more complex medical care.
You might have heard of Botox and its health benefits. A lot of people have Botox injections to relax their muscles. As a result, fine lines and wrinkles even out or are gone especially for older patients. However, aside from being an agent to reduce fine lines, Botox also has lots of other benefits. In fact, more studies are underway to ensure that people can maximize the use of Botox. Here are some of the interesting uses of Botox that you might make the most out of:
• It can now be used to treat migraine. Lots of patients who have complained about extreme headache have started feeling better with the help of Botox. Those who suffer from this problem before are given an electric current in order to paralyze the affected nerves. However, the process can be very lengthy and risky. The good thing is that with the help of this treatment, Botox is injected to the affected area and the effects are the same. MRI is used to ensure that the affected areas are targeted. The effects may last for a very long time.
• Men who suffer from enlarged prostates may also gain a lot of positive results out of wrinkle injections. Botox is injected directly into the prostate gland. As a result, tract infections are treated and urination is improved drastically. However, this is still in its infancy stage. Some researches suggest that it can cause incontinence, erectile dysfunction or even sterility. However, those who have done this process have seen great improvements right away.
• Lip injection using Botox is also another use that many people try out. It is deemed as a way to make the lips look fuller and bigger without necessarily experiencing the side effects. This is a much better version compared with collagen injections.
Right now, Botox injections are extremely popular as anti-aging agents. However, there are a lot of studies underway to ensure that people will make the most out of it. For now, these researches are still going on and the results might vary later on. However, if you really suffer from extreme pain, you might take the risk and go for the treatments mentioned in this article.
The good thing about Botox injections is that the results can be seen right away. There is also no need to recover over a long period of time. You will also see positive results lasting longer than any other treatment. Just make sure that you live a healthy lifestyle so you won’t suffer from the same problems again. It would also be great if you stop drinking alcoholic beverages so you won’t suffer from signs of aging. The same is true for smoking.
There are lots of clinics out there to help you out. If you live in San Antonio and you need Botox in San Antonion, you can visit here. On the other hand, if you are in Calgary and you need to find the best dermatologist in Calgary, you can go ahead and check out http://www.totalskincarecentre.com/.
Back then, the idea of having a mobile office is considered absurd. This is true especially if the office is made from recycled cargo containers. There were those who were brave enough and started converting these old cargos into a usable office place. They were frown at before, but now, a lot of companies are already moving towards this direction. Eventually, mobile office trailers have started to become a global trend. In fact, you can see offices made out of these old containers almost everywhere in the world.
You might wonder how something which is considered as odd before has become a global phenomenon. Here are some of the reasons:
• A lot of companies are now finding ways to be considered a “green” company. They become more attractive to the masses if they have efforts in helping save the environment. By using a recycled container and transforming it into an office, it is more than enough to show to the people that they are indeed serious in their environmental campaigns. Take note that there are thousands of old cargo containers sitting in ports and are just waiting to be used again.
• These mobile offices are low cost and are of easy maintenance. You can buy or rent a container. You can also choose one depending on your budget. There is also no need to repair or maintain the entire structure every now and then.
• The container can be redecorated depending on the company’s image. Whether you want it to look like a cargo container from the outside or not, it is your choice. As long as when people get inside, they will feel that it is indeed an office.
• Given the fact that it is a mobile office, it can be transferred from one place to another with ease. This is perfect for business that need more marketing strategies and to reach out to more people.
These are just some of the reasons why business owners are crazy over these mobile office trailers. If you wish to follow their footsteps, you can check out more about shipping containers for sale here.
Back then, pergolas can only be seen in the house of the elites. However, with the lowering costs for pergola installation along with the availability of more companies offering this pergola installation service, more people can afford having one for their home. In fact, it is no longer a question on whether a house should have a pergola or not. It is more on what design or theme does the pergola have.
If you are currently planning to install a pergola or redecorate it, here are some of the global trends that are worth following:
• Go bold with the use of wooden designs. Maximize the use of wood in every aspect of the pergola. From the roofing down to the furniture, you can use wood and create a very classic, yet homey atmosphere. The overall ambiance is warm and cozy. Thus, this theme is perfect if you wish to be more relaxed in your pergola.
• Break free from the trend of installing a pergola right next to your house. If your house is located near a cliff or a place with a spectacular view, why not install a pergola near that area? As long as you own the place, you can build a pergola there. Aside from the location is breathtaking, it is also perfect for romantic dates.
• When you have limited space at home, the best way to deal with your pergola is to play with the walls. This is becoming a trend as more houses these days have limited spaces. Throw interesting visual masterpieces on the size and limit the furniture. This is the key to still have a fascinating pergola.
• The classic twining vines will never be out of style. This theme has been used a long time ago. Until now, it is still a trend. The romantic feel that it gives is something that people are craving for. Add to that a burst of color of the decorations, and the pergola will be totally perfect.
You can choose any of these trends or you can also go for customized pergolas. Either way, you can contact the best company to install a pergola here.
A lot of economists project that China is the next big thing. In the next few years, it will be the world’s superpower in almost every aspect. Therefore, if you have the chance, you need to visit China. Wherever you are in the world, you will most likely learn a lot when you visit this country. If you are not yet convinced, here are some other reasons for you to give this trip a try:
• China is one of the oldest places in the world in terms of human settlement. The history of China goes way earlier than many other countries. Therefore, when you visit this country, you will most likely see places that were built thousands of years ago. You will literally feel how it is to live during those times.
• Chinese products are known for their affordability. Where else can you find these authentic Chinese products than in China itself? From sumptuous street foods to wonderful ceramics, Chinese stores definitely have a lot to offer.
• See the pandas. You may only see pandas in stuffed toys or drawings. However, in China, they are real. Pandas are extremely rare. If you visit Chinese zoos, you will get a glimpse of these cute toy-like animals.
• China is known as the world’s most populous nation. Thus, if you go to busy cities like Shanghai or Beijing, you will truly understand how the country managed to fit in these billions of citizens. Chinese people are fun, colorful and somehow conservative. However, they are very accommodating. They will reach out to you and even do their best to communicate with you. Experience authentic Chinese hospitality by visiting this country.
• The world famous Great Wall of China is definitely a sight to behold. It is in many people’s bucket list. Therefore, you should not let go of the opportunity to see this majestic creation and walk its length. You will really be amazed.
If you are afraid to go to China since it will be your first time, you have nothing to worry about. You can contact people to arrange everything for you. It is even your prerogative where to go first and what to do during the trip. If you wish to make the most out of your China tours, visit this site.