Jun 25, 13
If you are not up to date with your news, you might be surprised to learn that Calgary, Canada is currently experiencing flooding problems from heavy rains. Similar to what occurred somewhat recently in the North East of the United States, also suffering from flooding issues from Hurricane Sandy.
My heart goes out to the folks effected in Calgary, but as someone who experienced the effects of Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey, their problems are just about to begin.
Jun 25, 13
As some of you may know, I am originally from Taiwan. Although I have lots of family members there that miss me dearly, long story short, SUMMER is not the time to go there. Its hot humid, super hot, and spicy food is often on the menu.
Being that I could not write a word of Chinese in my mother tough, my sophomore year at university my folks shipped me back to the mother land to force to me learn how to write. During my one year stay I did gain some mastery learning how to write Chinese characters, but my biggest education in life came from the foreign community in Taiwan.
By 2050, the head count of elderly persons will increase by 230 percent, from around 600 million today to approximately 2 billion people. As of today, one person in ten is 60 years old or older. By 2050, this will become one in five, and by 2150, a third of our global population is anticipated to be 60 or older.
The worst to suffer are developed and rapidly developing countries. Globalization and female emancipation have led to late marriages and single-child families, except in the Islamic world, where birth rates have stabilized at well above two children. Longevity has increased in developed and developing countries, with medical sciences delaying death. Even with a reduced rate of death, birth rates are dropping below balancing levels.
Old age still has attendant problems of healthcare. More and more money is being spent by governments on Senior Citizens. The stress on hospitals is increasing, with a marked increase in dotage related problems like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease and senile dementia. That said, it is the developing countries that will have to cope with serious resource challenges, as they grapple with development and an aging population simultaneously. The continuous increase in expenses will have to come from the public purse, from additional taxes and duties.
Opportunities For Businesses
The beauty-besotted developed world will not accept aging gracefully. Vanity will force them into processes that will seemingly delay visible aging. The beauty industry will continue to boom as their clientele will consist largely of people wishing to defy nature and try to appear young. The common cosmetic problems related with aging will remain wrinkles, age spots, sagging skin, false teeth, etc. The middle aged people of today have had a close look at old age-related problems and are prepared for that contingency. They have that nest egg cached somewhere. And there’s no stopping them from spending that money on themselves.
The surgical methods in use are platysmaplasty, i.e., necklift, wherein the suspension of neck muscles is tightened. As a result, the drooping “bands” and flabby skin seen sagging underneath the jaw line are pulled up. This also creates a neatly defined jaw and neck line, medically known as the cervicomental angle. Platysmaplasty is generally done along with a face lift. The surgeon first assesses where volume has been lost and time and gravity have led to a downward pull or sagging; He then ‘rectifies’ the aging neck by restoring volume, carefully pulling up specific areas to tighten sagging skin.
The neck lift is invariably done along with a face lift. Necklifts do not prevent aging. What it does do is make your face look good and bestow you a fit look and a youthful countenance. Facial volume, arguably the most crucial step in acquiring a genuinely revitalized appearance, is restored. The important side benefit is an increase in self-confidence. The face lift reduces your visible age by 7-10 years.
Laser beams are also used for skin tightening, with a zero downtime process that effectively improves the skin tone of the face and diminishes fine lines as well as wrinkles. More importantly, it delays invasive neck and face lifts. Radio waves are used to cause localized under skin damage, resulting in an increased production of collagen to repair the damage, tightening the skin in the process.
For those who are averse to invasive procedures, the best skin tightening creams (read this article for examples) may offer neck or face lifts without surgery. Moreover, there are numerous natural methods of improving facial appearance, mainly by stimulating collagen growth. Some of these methods are listed below:
- Consuming Vitamins A and C
- Eating antioxidant-rich food and applying antioxidant-rich skin cream
- Avoid caffeine and caffeinated products, which are dehydrating (although when applied directly to the skin, topical cellulite creams may have cellulite inhibiting benefits)
- Consuming minerals and botanical agents
- Drinking copious volumes of water
- Avoiding the sun
- Getting enough sleep and avoiding stress
- Avoiding cigarettes
- Following a strict regimen of diet and exercise
Photo facial machines transmit radio waves that penetrate and are absorbed by the inner layers of the skin, causing localized damage. This damage is sensed by the brain which forces additional collagen production, healing the damage while tightening the skin as a side effect.
The after effects of World War II saw a surge in birthrate in the late 1940s and the early 50s, the so-called “baby boomer generation.” It is this lot of people entering the 65-70 years age group. As a result, this increase in the elderly populace has necessitated increased elder care services, requiring assisted living, day care for adults, old age nursing homes, hospices, home care, etc. Most of this care comes under the paid-for market category. In 1963, there were 1,100 old age agencies in place. By 2005, this number had increased to 17,000 agencies providing healthcare to almost eight million aged people. It is expected that by 2015, the number will increase to 30,000, as fewer relatives will have the time to look after their aged relatives. The old age home industry is also poised for a boom.
In the U.S., thirty-two states finance assisted living programs via Medicaid waivers. Some ethnic races believe in looking after their own. Interestingly, the type of houses that they buy are similar to old age homes, with facilities like single-seat elevators attached to staircases, flat flooring, railings for support, electrically driven wheelchairs, etc. Assistance is also provided in the non-medical sector, with aides helping elders with daily chores, cooking meals, timely medication and friendly companionship. With age, non-medical care can be considered an interim step between independence or family care vis-a-vis more complex medical care.
You might have heard of Botox and its health benefits. A lot of people have Botox injections to relax their muscles. As a result, fine lines and wrinkles even out or are gone especially for older patients. However, aside from being an agent to reduce fine lines, Botox also has lots of other benefits. In fact, more studies are underway to ensure that people can maximize the use of Botox. Here are some of the interesting uses of Botox that you might make the most out of:
• It can now be used to treat migraine. Lots of patients who have complained about extreme headache have started feeling better with the help of Botox. Those who suffer from this problem before are given an electric current in order to paralyze the affected nerves. However, the process can be very lengthy and risky. The good thing is that with the help of this treatment, Botox is injected to the affected area and the effects are the same. MRI is used to ensure that the affected areas are targeted. The effects may last for a very long time.
• Men who suffer from enlarged prostates may also gain a lot of positive results out of wrinkle injections. Botox is injected directly into the prostate gland. As a result, tract infections are treated and urination is improved drastically. However, this is still in its infancy stage. Some researches suggest that it can cause incontinence, erectile dysfunction or even sterility. However, those who have done this process have seen great improvements right away.
• Lip injection using Botox is also another use that many people try out. It is deemed as a way to make the lips look fuller and bigger without necessarily experiencing the side effects. This is a much better version compared with collagen injections.
Right now, Botox injections are extremely popular as anti-aging agents. However, there are a lot of studies underway to ensure that people will make the most out of it. For now, these researches are still going on and the results might vary later on. However, if you really suffer from extreme pain, you might take the risk and go for the treatments mentioned in this article.
The good thing about Botox injections is that the results can be seen right away. There is also no need to recover over a long period of time. You will also see positive results lasting longer than any other treatment. Just make sure that you live a healthy lifestyle so you won’t suffer from the same problems again. It would also be great if you stop drinking alcoholic beverages so you won’t suffer from signs of aging. The same is true for smoking.
There are lots of clinics out there to help you out. If you live in San Antonio and you need Botox in San Antonion, you can visit here. On the other hand, if you are in Calgary and you need to find the best dermatologist in Calgary, you can go ahead and check out http://www.totalskincarecentre.com/.
Back then, the idea of having a mobile office is considered absurd. This is true especially if the office is made from recycled cargo containers. There were those who were brave enough and started converting these old cargos into a usable office place. They were frown at before, but now, a lot of companies are already moving towards this direction. Eventually, mobile office trailers have started to become a global trend. In fact, you can see offices made out of these old containers almost everywhere in the world.
You might wonder how something which is considered as odd before has become a global phenomenon. Here are some of the reasons:
• A lot of companies are now finding ways to be considered a “green” company. They become more attractive to the masses if they have efforts in helping save the environment. By using a recycled container and transforming it into an office, it is more than enough to show to the people that they are indeed serious in their environmental campaigns. Take note that there are thousands of old cargo containers sitting in ports and are just waiting to be used again.
• These mobile offices are low cost and are of easy maintenance. You can buy or rent a container. You can also choose one depending on your budget. There is also no need to repair or maintain the entire structure every now and then.
• The container can be redecorated depending on the company’s image. Whether you want it to look like a cargo container from the outside or not, it is your choice. As long as when people get inside, they will feel that it is indeed an office.
• Given the fact that it is a mobile office, it can be transferred from one place to another with ease. This is perfect for business that need more marketing strategies and to reach out to more people.
These are just some of the reasons why business owners are crazy over these mobile office trailers. If you wish to follow their footsteps, you can check out more about shipping containers for sale here.
Back then, pergolas can only be seen in the house of the elites. However, with the lowering costs for pergola installation along with the availability of more companies offering this pergola installation service, more people can afford having one for their home. In fact, it is no longer a question on whether a house should have a pergola or not. It is more on what design or theme does the pergola have.
If you are currently planning to install a pergola or redecorate it, here are some of the global trends that are worth following:
• Go bold with the use of wooden designs. Maximize the use of wood in every aspect of the pergola. From the roofing down to the furniture, you can use wood and create a very classic, yet homey atmosphere. The overall ambiance is warm and cozy. Thus, this theme is perfect if you wish to be more relaxed in your pergola.
• Break free from the trend of installing a pergola right next to your house. If your house is located near a cliff or a place with a spectacular view, why not install a pergola near that area? As long as you own the place, you can build a pergola there. Aside from the location is breathtaking, it is also perfect for romantic dates.
• When you have limited space at home, the best way to deal with your pergola is to play with the walls. This is becoming a trend as more houses these days have limited spaces. Throw interesting visual masterpieces on the size and limit the furniture. This is the key to still have a fascinating pergola.
• The classic twining vines will never be out of style. This theme has been used a long time ago. Until now, it is still a trend. The romantic feel that it gives is something that people are craving for. Add to that a burst of color of the decorations, and the pergola will be totally perfect.
You can choose any of these trends or you can also go for customized pergolas. Either way, you can contact the best company to install a pergola here.
A lot of economists project that China is the next big thing. In the next few years, it will be the world’s superpower in almost every aspect. Therefore, if you have the chance, you need to visit China. Wherever you are in the world, you will most likely learn a lot when you visit this country. If you are not yet convinced, here are some other reasons for you to give this trip a try:
• China is one of the oldest places in the world in terms of human settlement. The history of China goes way earlier than many other countries. Therefore, when you visit this country, you will most likely see places that were built thousands of years ago. You will literally feel how it is to live during those times.
• Chinese products are known for their affordability. Where else can you find these authentic Chinese products than in China itself? From sumptuous street foods to wonderful ceramics, Chinese stores definitely have a lot to offer.
• See the pandas. You may only see pandas in stuffed toys or drawings. However, in China, they are real. Pandas are extremely rare. If you visit Chinese zoos, you will get a glimpse of these cute toy-like animals.
• China is known as the world’s most populous nation. Thus, if you go to busy cities like Shanghai or Beijing, you will truly understand how the country managed to fit in these billions of citizens. Chinese people are fun, colorful and somehow conservative. However, they are very accommodating. They will reach out to you and even do their best to communicate with you. Experience authentic Chinese hospitality by visiting this country.
• The world famous Great Wall of China is definitely a sight to behold. It is in many people’s bucket list. Therefore, you should not let go of the opportunity to see this majestic creation and walk its length. You will really be amazed.
If you are afraid to go to China since it will be your first time, you have nothing to worry about. You can contact people to arrange everything for you. It is even your prerogative where to go first and what to do during the trip. If you wish to make the most out of your China tours, visit this site.
As a writer who travels extensively, I have seen so many things that the mainstream media doesn’t show. One of these things happens to be the fact that much of Toronto’s population lives in poverty. When people think of Toronto, they think of a rich city that’s able to provide for the needs of all its citizens. Sadly, this isn’t the case. There are still a lot of poor people in the area who are not able to get sufficient help from the government. Of course, this is not to say that the city does nothing to help its poor citizens. In fact, the city actually has programs that have greatly improved the quality of life of the poor people living in the city.
One of things the city does to help out its poor citizens is provide them affordable housing. The city has put up so many housing communities all over the area, and through these housing communities, so many poor citizens have been able to gain permanent shelter.
However, just because so many people from the city are now able to live under a roof doesn’t mean that they have a healthy home life. Unfortunately, the city does not have the resources to properly maintain many of the homes in the housing projects. Because of this, many of these homes fall into disrepair, and unfortunately, such a thing exposes the people who live in them to certain health risks. Many of these homes, for one, end up having significant mold problems. Unfortunately, significant exposure to mold often leads to people exhibiting allergic reactions and fatal asthma attacks.
The good thing is that when it comes to mold inspection and mold removal Toronto citizens who live in housing projects have people they can count on. Although they may not be mold removal specialists Toronto citizens trust, many home improvement hobbyists from all over the city make it a point to help out residents of housing projects when they have the time. Although they are not able to help everybody, it can be said that they have made a significant difference in the lives of so many people.
Andrew van Winkle is one of the many home improvement hobbyists who’ve helped residents of Toronto housing projects attain mold-free homes. Here’s what he told us when we interviewed him about his charitable work:
“I’m actually doing it because I’m a very devout Christian. Being a Christian isn’t just about being faithful, it’s also about being charitable to our less fortunate brethren. Unfortunately, many Christians, even those who are well off, ignore such a duty. Hopefully, through my work, I’m able to inspire other people to help out, in addition to actually making a difference in the lives of those I’m trying to help.”
Hopefully, this post of mine touches the hearts of all my readers. Whether you’re from Toronto or not, know that you can help out in your own little way. Donating even a few dollars to certain charities is enough to make a difference in the lives of Toronto’s poor citizens.
Starting your own business might be a daunting proposition especially if you haven’t done it before; however, being self-employed certainly offers advantages. Aside from being your own boss and having the chance to challenge yourself, you will also have the opportunity of following your passion and doing something that you really like doing. For many would-be entrepreneurs, one of the biggest obstacles that they need to hurdle is acquiring capital to finance a new venture. Nevertheless, there are specific types of businesses that you can start right at your own home and which do not require a substantial operational cost. One of these is a cleaning business.
Thousands of new businesses are founded every year and several of them belong to the cleaning industry. If you are intending to build a business in this specific industry, then you have to focus on two target markets: commercial customers and individual consumers. The consumer market involves services such as carpet and window cleaning, house cleaning and providing maids to residential households. For the commercial market segment, you have to consider janitorial and office cleaning services. Depending on what resources you have available, you can choose to target one or both segments of this market.
Once you have decided to start a cleaning business, the first step you have to take is to obtain the necessary licenses and permits required by the government. If you are not sure how to go about it, you can pay a visit to the city or county administration office to make inquiries. You will also need to have your business name registered before starting operations.
After getting the license to operate your cleaning business, you have to decide what types of services you want to provide to your customers. Will your cleaning involve just residential houses or offices, or both? Your decision will affect what type of supplies and equipment you need to purchase, and if you need to hire additional staff. Buying cleaning supplies in bulk will certainly be less expensive, especially if you intend to target commercial customers. The most common cleaning agents are those used to clean floors, windows and mirrors.
There are other cleaning implements that you will need to service your customers efficiently. These include trash bags, spray bottles, mops, rags, paper towels, buckets, toilet brushes and several other items. Obviously, you will also need to invest in equipment like vacuum or carpet cleaners. A good piece of cleaning machinery to have on hand is a power washer, which will make cleaning walls and concrete surfaces so much easier. If you are not sure which brand to go for, you can read online power washer reviews on this site. The reviews found on http://www.powerwasherreport.com/ for best electric pressure washer will help you decide on the most suitable one for your business.
A cleaning business can prove to be a profitable one if you have clients who require your services. Thus, you have to consider how to market your business. Making people aware about your business need not be expensive. You can print fliers and hand them out in public places; or, you can distribute them in houses and commercial offices in your community. You can also ask friends, relatives and neighbors for referrals to people who might need cleaning services. Alternatively, you can place an advertisement on the local paper.
Even if you are a newbie in the field of entrepreneurship, you can build a profitable cleaning business like so many others have done in the past. Regardless of the business size, your achievement will largely depend on your dedication and commitment. By starting your business right, you are taking that first step in the direction of success.
As a travel writer, I obviously travel frequently. I’ve been to so many places all over the world, and I have seen so many things they don’t show in mainstream media channels. This is why I write more serious pieces tackling social injustices on the side. In this post, I’m actually going to write about a social injustice that plagues Toronto: poverty. Now, you might be asking yourself, isn’t Toronto a rich city? Yes, compared to so many other places in the world, it’s actually very well off. However, this doesn’t mean that Toronto doesn’t experience poverty. In fact, a significant portion of the city’s population lives below the poverty line.
Many of the people living in Toronto don’t have access to the most basic of services. From housing to food to healthcare, many of these people are not able to afford such things. Thankfully, the government and many of the members of the private sector are doing something about the problem of poverty. For one, the government has put up so many housing communities all over the city. Through these housing communities, so many poor people from all over the city are now able to have amazing homes.
Still, even though the government’s efforts to provide housing to poor people are commendable, they’re not enough to actually give people a satisfactory home life. This is because many of the homes in the area are not properly maintained. Because these homes are not properly maintained, many of the people living in them are still exposed to certain health risks. It goes without saying that living in such homes exposes people to health risks such as increased allergic reactions, increased chance of acquiring cancer, etc.
Thankfully, many private individuals are also doing their best to help out. What may surprise you is that many of these people actually aren’t well off themselves. One of these people happens to be Rainer Wilkes. Here’s what he told us when we interviewed him:
“I may not be a contractor working at roofing companies Toronto citizens get help from, but I’ve had significant experience when it comes to roofing. Since I know that many homes in the housing communities have damaged roofs, I go to housing communities and help repair the damaged roofs in the homes in such areas every now and then. Through my help, I believe that I’ve made such homes much healthier to live in.”
Hopefully, this article of mine inspires my readers to help out in their own little way. Here in Toronto roof repair and roof maintenance are something many residents of housing communities really need. If you find that you have the right experience and skill set to do roofing, then perhaps you could offer your services to people living in poverty for free. If you aren’t good at roofing, know that you can still help out in some other way. It’s really just a matter of thinking of a way to help. Remember, each piece of help we give goes a long way in helping people live better lives.
With the advent of cloud computing, more business owners maximize the technology so their businesses can benefit from it. In fact, according to studies, the trend of business owners going for cloud computing is increasing exponentially over the last years. This can even grow more as they discover the full potentials of this technology. Here are some more reasons why it is an advantage for many business owners from different parts of the world to go for cloud computing:
• The storage capacity is almost unlimited. For business owners with lots of data that have to be saved, this is a perfect solution. Using this technology, they need not worry about the number of data that need to be stored over a longer period of time.
• It is cost effective. Even if the data space has to be bought, the amount is way lower compared with other forms of data storage devices. Therefore, for business owners to go for cloud computing, they are doing their business a favor. Software integration may also happen easily using this cloud computing service.
• The data being stored are totally safe. They can’t be accessed by anyone. They won’t be at risk of being hacked or being stolen by other people, especially from competitors.
• The data will be backed up. Thus, if something wrong happens with the file; you are confident that they won’t get lost forever.
• The moment your data is stored in cloud storage device, it can be accessed anywhere you are in the world. There is no need to bring huge devices just to open these files. For businesses that have international operations or are international in nature, this is a huge help.
In short, you will get a lot more as you make use of cloud storage devices for your business. Though you will rely heavily on internet access to open your data, at least you are confident that they are totally safe from all forms of attacks. If you want affordable cloud storage, you can check out http://www.amcom.com.au/products-and-services/cloud/storage-as-a-service . Again, now that this goes global, it is a must for every business owner to rely on cloud computing services.
As a travel writer, I have seen so many things that they don’t show in the mainstream media. I make it a point to write about such things. This is because I believe that people need to know about them. The mainstream media often filters out such information because they don’t think that they are relevant to people’s lives (also, they try to be safe and avoid anything risqué). In this post, I’m going to talk about one of the things people don’t often see on TV: the plight of the poor people of Toronto. Hopefully, by doing this, I’ll be able to get more people, especially those in the area, to actually help out.
Now, when one thinks of Toronto, one naturally thinks of a city that’s actually very rich, where most people are able to live a comfortable life. While it is certainly true that Toronto is a “rich” place, this doesn’t mean that there’s no incidence of poverty in the city. In fact, a significant portion of the city’s population actually lives below the poverty line. Many of these people live in housing projects scattered all over the city, and although you might think that the government is doing a great job taking care of them, many of the people living in the projects are still not able to meet the demands of daily life. For example, although it’s such a basic thing, so many people from the housing projects don’t actually have roofing that protects them from severe weather conditions and significant health risks.
If you didn’t know, roofing problems can actually lead to severe health problems. These problems include frequent asthma attacks and allergic reactions. Many people from poor areas all over the world actually die because they are unable to deal with their roofing problems (in these cases, the roofing problems probably resulted in significant amounts of mold growing in their home). This is why here in Toronto roof repair is something homeowners take care of as promptly as possible. Almost all Toronto homeowners are aware of the dangers of not doing so.
When it comes to dealing with shingle replacements and problems regarding roofing Toronto citizens want to make it a point to be very diligent. Still, many of these people aren’t actually able to do so, and this is because they lack the resources for it. It’s really such a shame. The government can actually do something about such a problem; however, they continue to divert their funds to unnecessary things. It’s really such a shame.
The good news, however, is there that are some organizations that are charitable enough to help out. Not only that, there are even lone individuals who do the same. By writing this article, I hope to inspire people, even those who aren’t well off, to actually help out. You don’t have to be a professional roofer to help out; just donating money to your charity of choice can go a long way in giving amazing roofs to people living in housing projects. It doesn’t matter how much money you give; what’s important is that you actually donate to charity.